Wednesday, November 4, 2009

My Big Dog By Janet Stevens and Susan Stevens Crummel

This book is a good one for animal lovers. It is about a cat and a dog living in the same house and not getting along because the cat was there first and doesn't want to share. This book could also be related to a child who is getting a new baby brother or sister. They are the only child in the family and they need to get used to the idea that they will soon have to share their belongings and time with their parents. I like the pictures in the book. Behind each picture is a solid color splash of a background. It really makes the illustration pop. The book is all in color except the humans, whom are black and white. I thought this was interesting. Why do you think the author would chose to do this? Did he want to make the race neutral? I also like how the title of this book tricked me. I really thought it was going to be about a child and how they loved their pet dog. Instead it is from the perspective of the cat, and it is her big dog. Not the path I thought it would go, but I liked it. I brought it for my child study because she loves books about cats and dogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment